Thursday, August 26, 2010

You Know You're a Nursing Student When...

So here we are beginning yet another semester. Oh holy hell. But this is a good thing, because it puts me on the path of having one more semester under my belt. This semester I am taking Psych and Peds. I begin with my clinicals right away (meaning tomorrow) at Primary Children's Hospital. Though I am horribly nervous, due to not having much exposure with kids and I don't really know what I am doing with them, I am so excited. For years where I wanted to end up working was pediatric oncology (cancer). The instructor said she would do what she could to get me in that unit, so I am thrilled!

So since I abandoned the pregnancy list... god that was rough, I will begin a new list with no particular number in mind. When I have number in mind it is a lot to live up to! So my new list is going to be called "you know you're a nursing student when..." It should be interesting!

Let's begin...
You know you're a nursing student when a rolling backpack is necessary because the weight of the books you have to carry around with you weight more than you do (and you're carrying around your whole house in the bag since you are never home).

You know you're a nursing student when your relaxation time is going to the bathroom.

You know you're a nursing student when you are excited and telling all your friends about how you learned to pull a swollen foreskin back over a penis (this one is for you Cori)

You know you're a nursing student when you are anxious to put in a foley catheter

You know you're a nursing student when think you are experiencing every illness that you are studying

You know you're a nursing student when you look at all of your Facebook post and realize that every status update has something to do with school and you realize that you no longer have a life

You know you're a nursing student when you have nightmares about your instructors

You know you're a nursing student when you go a month or more without talking to anyone in your family and don't even realize it...

You know you're a nursing student when you are kissing someone and all you can do is wonder if this person has herpes of the mouth

You know you're a nursing student when you write EVERYTHING in medical abbreviations! Even text to your non-nursing friends and they have to ask you what the hell you're talking about

You know you're a nursing student when you receive a text in the middle of the night asking you why the elderly become confused when they have a UTI (and you are awake studying the same information)

Ok, I could go on with this for awhile. But we will call this good for now. I look forward to the semester and am sure I will have lots to write about with the two classes I am taking at this time. Love you guys!


Since I have to add a pic with each blog and I have not taken any yet for this semester I will add one from this month of me and my papa flizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment